Beetroot Sambar | Sambar Recipe





             Beetroot Sambhar is a lentil based stew which is so close to my family especially my brother who love this dish a lot. This is my mom’s recipe, during my college days whenever I take this for my lunch, all my friends grab my lunch box and they love to eat this sambhar. This is a nice transition to a regular sambhar. I love the combination of beetroot sambhar with ghee and colocasia fry,  which is totally out of the world. Give it try, you will love this..


   Ingredients

           1 Large Beetroot (Diced)
           1/4 Cup + 2 Tbsp of Toor dal
           1 Chopped Onion (Large)
           1 Chopped Tomato (Large)
           2 Green Chillies
           1/2 Tsp of Cumin (Optional)
           1/2 Tsp of Turmeric Powder
           2 Tbsp of Sambhar Powder
           Pinch of Hing/Asafoetida
           Few Sprig of Cilantro
           Lemon Size tamarind
           Salt to taste

  To Temper
            1 and 1/2 Tbsp of Oil
            1 Red Chilly (Optional)
            1 Tsp of Mustard
            1 Tsp of Urad dal
            Few Curry Leaves
            Pinch of Hing
            1/4 Tsp of Fenugreek

  To Garnish

           Few Sprig of Cilantro
           2 Tbsp of Chopped Tomato

  Method









 Tips

  Health Benefits of Beetroot

Labels: